|a random block of flats in Finchley|
In this week at PATAS there were 1,191 new Appeals lodged of which 61 or 5% came from Barnet so numbers are up slightly again. Of the 60 Barnet cases that were heard 37 were won which is 62% so keep them coming.
Five cases worth a mention:
- Gervase Road again so be careful where you park there. The PCN was upheld so has to be paid.
- The council in the case summary said that the traffic warden did not refer to the Blue Badge. The adjudicator, always a lawyer and very sharp, said that did not mean that the traffic warden had looked for one. PCN cancelled.
- A motorist denied swearing or spitting at the traffic warden and their PCN was cancelled. Please do not behave in this way to traffic wardens who get the miserable pay rate of £8.20 an hour and are probably put upon by management.
- A motorist was in the process of complying with the payment instructions (whether by voucher, paypoint, meter or PayByPhone is not relevant) and must be given adequate time to comply. PCN cancelled.
- Paperwork sent without a flat number to an address in a block of 40 flats is clearly not good service. What numptie at NSL thought that they should bother PATAS and waste £40 in fees on this case?
Keep those appeals coming. You are all (well lots of you) doing very well and learning stuff.